MARYSVILLE USD #364
Special Board Meeting Highlights
April 20, 2017
Members Present: Lanny Carpenter, Marc Degenhardt, Chris Denner, Todd Milner,
Steve Schotte and Sonya Stohs (Kevin Samuelson was absent.)
- Approved the list of supplemental bills. Motion carried 6-0.
- Consensus of the Board was to authorize the district to help pay for a second sponsor for the FBLA trip to Nationals due to the number of students going, and to have a policy for future trips.
- Approved the bid of DK Audio Video in the amount of $38,667.97 for a Sound System in the New Gymnasium, $5,670.80 for a Sound System in the Weight Room, and $5,670.80 for a Sound System in the Wrestling Room. Motion carried 6-0.
- Approved the KDHE Waste Tire Grant for the playground at Marysville Elementary. The district would receive $18,500 from the grant and would need to match the $18,500. Motion carried 6-0.
- Approved the summer work schedule of four 10 hour days Monday through Thursday.
Motion carried 6-0.
- (Mr. Milner left the meeting.)
- Approved the resignations and appointment as presented: Motion carried 5-0.
- Kendra Milner – Teacher’s Aide effective 4/28/17
- Jeremy Henderson – Custodian effective 5/5/17
- Offered a certified contract to Terra Bruna as Speech Language Pathologist.
- (Mr. Milner returned to the meeting.)
Work Session – Related to Bond Issue.
- Mike Mayo discussed preliminary drawings for an Agriculture Complex and Jr. Sr. High Office Renovation.
- • Consensus of the board were to:
- Seek bids on Packaged Rooftop Equipment for the Jr./Sr. High Media Center and Music Room HVAC.
- Move forward with concepts on the Agriculture Complex (no commitments)
- Move forward with concepts on the Marysville Jr. Sr. High Office Area (no commitments)
- Discussed Change Orders on Marysville Junior/Senior High School – Phase 2 Addition and Renovation.
- Approved change order COR 07 – Provide additional power and data in Level 3 SPED and Art Rooms, pending Mike Mayo’s review of the cost, but not to exceed $28,587. Motion carried 6-0.
- Discussed purchases of furniture and equipment for the new additions.
Meeting Adjourned at 7:53 P.M.