Central Valley Ag (CVA) is pleased to announce winners of the 2022 CVA Scholarships. Twenty students pursuing a career in an agriculturally related field won awards of $1,000 each.
- Levi Schiller, Scribner NE
- Sadie Jarecke, Stuart NE
- Grant Schroeder, Le Mars IA
- Madison Hirschman, St. Paul NE
- Kaitlyn Pelster, Petersburg NE
- Faith Winkelmann, Seward NE
- Elizabeth Wilkins, Ainsworth NE
- Carly Schadd, Columbus NE
- Carter Ott, Aurora NE
- Reagan Stewart, Hunter KS
- Kale Nordmeyer, Seward NE
- Jaden Koehler, York NE
- Haiden Hild, Stromsburg NE
- Garrett Rasmussen, Albion NE
- Kylee Howard, O’Neill NE
- Kelsey Howard, O’Neill NE
- Madison Bruna, Barnes KS
- Branden Duhsmann, West Point NE
- Sam Philips, Akron IA
- Ryker Nelson, Minneapolis KS
The scholarship program is designed to promote academic excellence while providing an opportunity for students to learn more about the agricultural industry and the cooperative system through the process.
Students completed an online application and essay focused on explaining how the cooperative model is different than other business models when it comes to ownership and explain why the “One Member- One Vote” model is so important.
Scholarship eligibility was limited to students of CVA member-owners and CVA employees who are pursuing a career in agriculture.
“The scholarship recipients exemplify the heart and work ethic of the producers we are proud to work with every day,” said Carl Dickinson, CVA President/CEO. “CVA’s annual scholarship program is one of the many ways your cooperative supports future leaders, innovators, and spokespeople of agriculture.”
The 2022-2023 CVA Scholarship program will launch Fall 2022.