KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commissioners will hold their next public meeting on Thursday, September 7, 2023, beginning at noon and all are invited to participate. The meeting will take place at Lee Richardson Zoo in Garden City; however, interested parties need not be present to participate. All Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commission meetings may be accessed via Zoom, phone and live video/audio streaming, made possible through YouTube.
On September 7, 2023, Commissioners will:
- Vote on possession limits for amphibians and reptiles
- Hear general discussion updates on:
- Bison conservation in Kansas
- Harvest reporting methods for migratory birds
- Deer regulations
- Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area
The Department Secretary will then offer an agency and state fiscal status, before Commissioners conclude with discussions on Workshop items (items that may be voted on at a future date), to include:
- Big game permanent regulations, carcass movement regulation
- Boating regulations
- Non-resident access regulation (for waterfowl seasons only)
An interpreter for the hearing impaired can be requested by calling the Kansas Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at 1-800-432-0698. Any individual with a disability may request other accommodations by contacting the Commission secretary at (620) 672-0702.
The next KWP Commission meeting is scheduled for Thursday, November 9, 2023, at the Lyon County Fairgrounds, Bowyer Community Building, in Emporia.