These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
June 11, 2018 Unofficial
The Board of Nemaha County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, June 11, 2018 in the Commissioner’s Room of the Nemaha County Courthouse. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Dennis Henry leading the flag salute. Present also was Commissioner Tim Burdiek, Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Kathy Haverkamp, and County Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans recording the minutes.
Commissioner Gary Scoby was absent from today’s meeting.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Report:
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum advised the board that:
• he took care of several odd and end things last week.
• AHRS Construction would like a couple of grates made and installed on the west side of the Pioneer Building where they recently added concrete parking.
• Office Manager Kathy Haverkamp received a right of way easement request from JBN Telephone Company to bore under 124th Road in Capioma Township. Tim Burdiek moved to approve the right of way easement request with JBN Telephone Company. Dennis Henry seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Commissioners signed the right of way easement request as presented.
Anne Rowland called in and spoke to Commissioners about the condition of the Sabetha- Wetmore Road. Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Kathy Haverkamp were also present for this discussion.
Noxious Weed/Emergency Preparedness Report:
Noxious Weed/Emergency Preparedness Director Todd Swart advised the board that:
• they recently sprayed the roadsides in a couple of townships and have sold chemical to a couple of other townships in order for them to do their own spraying.
• their new pickup came in and is up and running at this time.
• Justin is up around Sabetha at this time mowing roadsides.
Sheriff Rich Vernon advised the board that:
• they are currently holding sixteen inmates in the jail.
• they booked six individuals into the jail this past week.
Lee Copeland, Dana Schmelzle, and Jim Dobbins came before the board on behalf of the Nemaha County Conservation District to request funding from Nemaha County for their 2019 budget. This group is requesting $35,000 from the county for 2019, which is the same amount that was levied for this entity for 2018.
Ross Mosteller, Sam Rottinghaus, Deb Henry, and Tom Strahm came before the board on behalf of the Nemaha County Fair Board to request funding from Nemaha County for their 2019 budget. This group is requesting $24,700 from the county for 2019, which is an increase of
$1,000 over what was levied for this entity for 2018.
The board reviewed vouchers submitted by the different departments to be paid at the middle of June.
County Attorney Brad Lippert came before the board. Brad let Commissioners know that he is reviewing the Agreement for Capital Assistance Funds between KDOT and Nemaha County for the new Senior Services Transit/Nutrition Center Building.
Chairman Dennis Henry signed add/abate orders as presented.
The board reviewed the minutes from the June 4, 2018 meeting. Tim Burdiek moved to approve the minutes as presented. Dennis Henry seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
The Commissioners spoke by phone to Phil Boeding with Eisenbarth Plumbing about sewer backup issues at the Nemaha County Community Building and about heating/cooling issues at the offices in the Pioneer Building.
With no further county business coming before the board, Chairman Dennis Henry adjourned the meeting at 1:15 pm. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, June 18, 2018 at 9:00 am.