These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
June 4, 2018 Unofficial
The Board of Nemaha County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, June 4, 2018 in the Commissioner’s Room of the Nemaha County Courthouse. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Dennis Henry leading the flag salute. Present also were Commissioners Gary Scoby and Tim Burdiek, Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Kathy Haverkamp, and County Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans recording the minutes.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Report:
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum advised the board that:
• he spoke to Bergkamp Construction about the possibility of doing another four mile stretch on the Sabetha-Wetmore Road yet this summer. Dennis stated that Bergkamp Construction will provide an estimate for this work.
The board reviewed the minutes from the May 29, 2018 meeting. Gary Scoby moved to approve the minutes as presented. Tim Burdiek seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
Chairman Dennis Henry signed the Single Source Bid Waiver letter for the Bern Fire District #4 CDBG Grant as presented.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Kathy Haverkamp came back before the board with a bid from Bergkamp Construction to redo another four mile stretch of the Sabetha-Wetmore Road. Dennis shared this bid with Commissioners.
No decision was made concerning this issue at this time.
The board reviewed vouchers submitted by the different departments that were paid at the end of May. Tim Burdiek moved to approve the warrants and pay vouchers for May 2018 as presented. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
Sheriff Rich Vernon and Under Sheriff Bob Cross advised the board that:
• they are currently holding thirteen inmates in the jail.
• they booked six individuals into the jail this past week.
• they needed an executive session with Commissioners. Tim Burdiek moved to hold a fifteen minute executive session until 10:25 am to discuss the employee retention of non- elected personnel. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Present for the executive session was the Board of Commissioners, Sheriff Rich Vernon, Under Sheriff Bob Cross, and Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans. The meeting
returned to open session at 10:25 am with no action taken by the board following the executive session.
• they have hired Lisa Copeland as Jail Administrator. Lisa will begin work for the county today, June 4th, at a rate of pay of $16.34 per hour.
County Attorney Brad Lippert came before the board. Brad made Commissioners aware of some items contained in the new lease agreement for the Driver’s License Office in Seneca.
Commissioners directed Brad to ask for a couple of modifications to the lease agreement before it is approved.
With no further county business coming before the board, Chairman Dennis Henry adjourned the meeting at 11:50 am. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, June 11, 2018 at 9:00 am.