A three-year-old boy from Waterville died as a result of his choking on food last week.
Asher E. Smith, son of Josh and Kaci Smith, choked while eating last Tuesday. The Heimlich Maneuver and EMT neighbors were unable to revive the boy, who was transported by ambulance to the hospital, and he was later flown to Children’s Mercy in Kansas City where he died early Friday morning after the trauma caused brain swelling.
A Go Fund Me account has been established to assist the family with funeral expenses. Services are planned Friday. The Go Fund Me page can be accessed here.