These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
March 12, 2018 Unofficial
The Board of Nemaha County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, March 12, 2018 in the Commissioner’s Room of the Nemaha County Courthouse. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Dennis Henry leading the flag salute. Present also were Commissioners Gary Scoby and Tim Burdiek, Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Kathy Haverkamp, and Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans recording the minutes.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Report:
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum advised the board that:
• he received fuel bids from area companies. Nemaha County Coop bid $2.365 per gallon for clear diesel, $2.099 per gallon for dyed diesel, and $2.199 per gallon for E-10 fuel. Berwick Oil Company bid $2.33 per gallon for clear diesel, $2.07 per gallon for dyed diesel, and $2.41 per gallon for E-10 fuel. No decision was made at this time concerning these bids.
• he has the guys patching in rock in places and doing odd jobs throughout the county.
• Office Manager Kathy Haverkamp received an invitation to the Northeast Kansas County Highway Officials Conference to be held on March 28th in Doniphan County. Kathy shared this invitation with Commissioners.
Tim Burdiek moved to approve Resolution 2018-2 authorizing 2017 year end county fund transfers. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
Commissioners signed the resolution as presented.
Sheriff Rich Vernon advised the board that:
• city officers and county deputies are making an appearance at the schools in the county each morning as the kids are arriving at school.
• he needed an executive session with Commissioners. Tim Burdiek moved to hold a ten minute executive session until 10:40 am to discuss the resignation of non-elected personnel. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Present for the executive session was the Board of Commissioners, Sheriff Rich Vernon, and Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans. The meeting returned to open session at 10:40 am with no action taken by the board following the executive session.
• the patrol car that recently hit a deer is now being repaired.
Harold Shump came before the board to present to Commissioners a petition with 26 signatures asking for the proposed new Senior Center to be located next to the current Pioneer Building.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum came back before the board to show Commissioners some of the soil samples that were taken along J Road south of Seneca.
Dennis also let Commissioners know that he accepted the fuel bid from Nemaha County Coop for E-10 fuel and the fuel bid from Berwick Oil Company for clear diesel and dyed diesel.
The board reviewed the minutes from the March 5, 2018 meeting. Tim Burdiek moved to approve the minutes as presented. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
The board reviewed vouchers submitted by the different departments to be paid at the middle of March.
Chairman Dennis Henry signed add/abate orders as presented.
County Attorney Brad Lippert came before the board. Commissioners asked Brad to review some vouchers submitted by the District Court Office. Commissioners had no further county business to discuss with Brad at this time.
Commissioners spoke by phone to Jay Herrmann with AHRS Construction, Inc. to give them the go ahead to start construction on the Nemaha County Community Building kitchen.
With no further county business coming before the board, Chairman Dennis Henry adjourned the meeting at 1:34 pm. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, March 19, 2018 at 9:00 am.